Good morning wonderful seniors!
Well...if you come to class Tuesday, you will be doing this. If you don't come to class, you'd better handle it before school Wednesday, or during class and do the peer edit Wednesday evening.
TUESDAY WORK, due at the end of class
1. Use QUICKMARK/GRADEMARK in turnitin.com (click <here> for instructions).
2. Create a log (see instructions), and your notes on the right (define the problem, note whether you fixed it)
Add to your log answers to the following questions:
1. Did I remember to talk about literature as though it is happening now! (John is hanged, not was hanged)
2. Did I remember to talk about history as though it is over: the witch trials happened (past tense), even though in the book they are happening (present tense for literature)!
3. Did I remember to use two sources?
4. Do I have reputable sources for all my facts?
5. Do I have at least 6 CDs, 5 using quotes?
6. Have I embedded my quotes, giving context?
7. Have I introduced my characters the first time they are mentioned?
8. Have I avoided using the words "This shows that"?
HW - resubmit your corrected draft to the same place you did the first time!